The Luxury and Private Manor, surrounded by vineyards and fields, is located in the southern part of Tuscany, in the lee of the Monte Argentario promontory, between Porto Ercole and the ancient medieval tower of Talamone. It lies in the heart of the Maremma area, 5 km from the enticing, crystalline waters of the sea, making this area the "pearl" of Tuscany.
The estate's privileged location makes it easy for guests quickly to reach the nearby natural parks (such as the Maremma and Uccellina Parks), nature reserves (such as the Orbetello Lagoon) and WWF oases, famous for sightings of rare animals.
The area is uniquely rich in major archaeological sites, such as the Vulci Archaeological Park, and is endowed with marvellous museums, such as the City of Cosa Museum, alongside the excavations of the splendid Etruscan city, and the Tarquinia and Vetulonia museums.
The area is only an hour's drive from Sovana. Nearby, you will find Saturnia, with its famous hot springs, and the medieval centre of Capalbio, now a jet-set holiday resort. And Rome, Siena and Florence are but an hour and a half away by car.
Nearby, there are wineries producing and selling both quality red wines, such as Morellino di Scansano DOC, and elegant white wines, such as the famous Vermentino DOC from Capalbio. The winery owners are always pleased to offer tastings of the wines they so expertly produce from their famous vineyards.
Tutto Maremma Tourist Guide:
- Tenuta San Guido www.tenutasanguido.com
- Marchesi Antinori www.antinori.it
- Frescobaldi Tenuta Ammiraglia www.frescobaldi.com/tenute/tenuta-ammiraglia/
Your stay will be all the more enjoyable thanks to the many sports activities on offer in the area:
- Argentario Golf Club 15 km away www.argentariogolfresortspa.it
- Sport fishing in the sea off Talamone - 5 km away;
- Yacht Club Santo Stefano www.ycss.it
- Diving Center www.argentariodivers.com
- Polo Club 7 km away www.argentariopoloclub.com
- Tourist ports for boat and dinghy rentals - such as Porto Ercole, Porto Santo Stefano, Cala Galera and Talamone - as well as for the chartering of sailboats, with or without skippers; www.velapassion.it, www.bibaboats.net
- Riding 6 km away, with the opportunity to ride Maremma horses;
- Tennis clubs;
- Balloon rides www.mongolfiereitalia.com
- Frommer’s Travel Guides www.frommers.com
- WWF: www.wwf.it